This article will be a perfect resource to anyone who faced some issues with Avast Secure Browser and seeks for the ways to disable or delete it. Avast Secure Browser is an application that you can find in a bundle with an antivirus or download from an official website. It is a really controversial choice of a browser and usually people try to get rid of it as soon as it is installed on their computer. There are so many advanced options like Google or Opera internet browsers on the market that users just do not need to use less known and more problematic Avast Secure Browser.
The main problems with Avast Secure Browser
If you have not used Avast Secure Browser before you can wonder why people do not like it. In fact “how to disable Avast secure browser” has become a popular search enquiry lately. The main drawbacks of this application include:
- The automatic installation of Avast Secure Browser with an ordinary antivirus makes it frustrating for many users to find the ways to disable it afterwards. No one wants to get an app he or she did not look for.
- Higher functionality and better interface give the competitors and edge over Avast Secure Browser. The oligopoly on the market of the browsers makes it impossible for new unknown applications to gain some recognition.
- The lack of security. Despite the name, Avast Secure Browser saves the user’s search history on the servers, which is not appropriate for a modern browser. Not only the hackers have more ways to get access to your sensitive data, but the Avast company itself can sell it to bigger corporations like Google or Facebook.
Ways to disable Avast Secure Browser
If you decided to get rid of the Avast Secure Browser and do not know how to do it properly, you can follow the instructions given in this article:
- Use the Control Panel you have on any Windows computer. Find Avast Secure Browser in the list of all the programs, right-click on it and choose the “delete” option. Confirm your action in the dialog.
- You can disable it through the Apps and Programs page. It is located in the main Windows menu and does not require special skills to use. The process is the same as in the previous method: just find the application you need and delete it.
- Disabling is also possible through the Task Manager. You can turn off Avast Secure Browser by clicking on it.
Avast Secure Browser is not a viable option for today’s standards so you may want to get rid of it. The lack of security and poor interface makes it unattractive between the competitors. Even an amateur PC user can do the process of disabling by following the given advice.